Your Cart is Empty
There was an error with PayPalClick here to try again
Thank you for your business!You should be receiving an order confirmation from Paypal shortly.Exit Shopping Cart
Terms and Conditions of Hire
Terms and Conditions of Hire
- The hire period will usually be 48 hours although there may be room for flexibility, by prior arrangement.
- Deposit to be paid on booking - 50% of china hire cost.
- Booking deposit will be returned in full for any cancellation made more than 90 days before event. For cancellations made less than 90 days before the event, the deposit will only be returned if we are able to re-book the date.
- Receipt of booking deposit by Lily and Rose is taken as confirmation that the hirer has read, and accepts these terms and conditions.
- Full balance of payment is due 30 days before the event
- Washing up is included in the price of all orders. However, the hirer is expected to remove food debris and liquids from china prior to re-packaging.
- After use and prior to return or collection of the china, it must be re-packaged carefully by the hirer in packaging and boxes provided by Lily and Rose.
- If you have arranged for Lily and Rose to collect the china it is essential that it is re-packaged ready for collection at the agreed time. Lily and Rose will make an additional charge to the hirer of £40 per hour or part of an hour for any time spent waiting, or for re-packaging ourselves if this becomes necessary. This fee would be deducted from the damage waiver (see below) along with any deductions for breakages or losses.
- £100 returnable damage waiver to be paid as a separate cheque with the balance. This will be held by Lily and Rose until the inventory has been checked after return of china. A deduction of £5 will be made for any cup, saucer, tea plate, or bud vase broken, chipped or missing or for any missing item of cutlery. A deduction of £10 will be made for any serving plate, milk jug or sugar bowl broken, chipped or missing. A deduction of £30 will be made for any teapot, coffee pot or cake stand broken or chipped or for any significantly damaged tablecloth or bunting. The balance will be returned to the hirer by post or bank transfer within 10 days of the end of the hire period. If damage charges exceed £100, the hirer agrees to pay the excess.
- China items will be, in our opinion, in good vintage condition. However, due to the nature and age of the items, patterns and gilt can be expected to show signs of wear. Similarly, our tablecloths, having been handmade and pre-loved may show slight signs of use or irregularities.
- Our fine vintage English china is fragile. During the period of hire, the care of the china is the sole responsibility of the hirer. The china is used at the hirer’s own risk and Lily and Rose will accept no liability for injury to persons or damage to property caused during its use.
- Our china is not dishwasher or microwave safe. If it is being re-used during the hire period, please wash it carefully by hand.
- All our china pieces are vintage or vintage style.
- Delivery and collection are available in Nottinghamshire, Derbyshire, Leicestershire, South Yorkshire
- Corona Virus, in the event of government restrictions stipulating that events can't go ahead you will receive a full refund.
Please contact us with your enquiry or for a booking form.
Lily and Rose Vintage China Hire donate 5% of our profit to Macmillan Cancer Support